Sunday, February 23, 2014

Chocolate Muffins

Morning loves! Hope you all have had an amazing weekend! I know I did because I finally had time to do some baking.. expect some lovely recipes this week! I have been meaning to make some muffins for quite some time. Ever since I visisted Antwerp and had some delicious vegan muffins at this little pastry shop. So this weekend I finally bought a muffin tin and made these delicious and healthy chocolate muffins.They are literally bursting with flavor, perfectly sweet and moist, and have wholesome ingredients like flaxseed, banana, cacao and dates.

















Chocolate Muffins
What you need
1 cup buckwheat flour (almond and spelt flour will work too)
1 cup potato starch
3 large ripe bananas
1 cup medjool dates
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup plant based milk (I used almond milk)
2 tbsp baking powder

Directions

Preheat your oven to 395 degrees. In your food processor, blend the bananas, dates and your milk until you have a smooth consistency. In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix together. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and stir. If the batter is still a bit dry you can add a bit more milk.

Scoop the batter into your muffin tin, top with goodies you like (I went for cacao nibs and puffed quinoa), and place into your preheated oven for about 20 minutes until they have a golden crust and aren't moist on the inside. Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack before serving.


Enjoy!!!


Love,
Sanne


No comments:

Post a Comment