Thursday, July 10, 2014

It really is summer now and I love going outside not having to worry about bringing a jacket and wearing my sandals everyday! However, with these beautiful days my craving for a warm meal have disappeared. Lots of salads for me now!! But sometimes you have got to spice things up a bit so today I will share one of my go-to meals when I don't feel like doing lots of cooking (I rather spend my time outside)!  

 
Zucchini Spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce
Tomato sauce for 2
Ingredients
- 3 large (ripe) tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 large hand of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Directions
Cut all the vegetables into small pieces. When all have been cut place them in a little saucepan, together with the olive oil and basil, over middle high heat. Let this simmer for about 20 minutes. Once everything is soft and mushy transfer to your food processor and mix until you have a wonderful thick sauce. Serve directly with your zucchini pasta and enjoy!

Love,
Sanne




 



3 comments: