Monday, May 05, 2014

Sunday Morning Lemon Waffles

Sweethearts! I hope you've all had the most amazing weekend! I spent mine with my family, normally I have got so many things to do on Saturday and Sunday. But since life is a bit hectic lately I decided to take some me time and relax with my mum's family. Because you can't come empty handed I made some vegan waffles and brought some fresh fruits from the farmers market for the topping!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Vegan, lemon waffles with a tropical topping.
Ingredients
3/4 cup (unsweetened) almond milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup potato starch
juice of 1 small lemon
2 flax eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp agave nectar
 
Directions
Start by preheating your waffle iron to desired level of heat.
In a big bowl, combine the almond milk together with the vinegar and set aside for a few minutes.
Add the coconut oil, lemon juice, flax eggs, agave nectar and whisk. Again set aside 5 minutes.
Mix all the dry ingredients and mix with all the wet ingredients.
Cook according to the manufacturer instructions. Once baked, place on a baking rack in a 180 degree oven so they stay warm until served!
 
Enjoy!
 
Love,
Sanne
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey there!

    I love your blog and your pictures are looking amazingly delicious!

    I am following you now on Instagram and Bloglovin, maybe you wanna do the same?

    xx Jennifer

    Instagram: lifting_fairy
    Blog: www.lifting-fairy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete