Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday morning (vegan) french toast


Morning sweets!!
One of the very many reasons I love Sundays.. Breakfast in bed! Today was extra special because I tried out something new. French toast (vegan) with greek yoghurt, fruit and syrup.
What you need
1 ripe banana
3/4 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
1 tbsp of cinnamon  
5 slices of wholewheat/sourdough bread
Soy or coconut yoghurt
Frozen fruit
Agave syrup
What to do
In flat bottom, medium size bowl mash the banana until creamy and fairly smooth. Add the cinnamon and the milk to the mashed banana and stir until combined. 
Quikly dip your slices of bread into the mixture (don’t soak!!) and lay them into a preheated pan, greased with coconut oil. Cook for about 4 minutes (depends on how thick your slices are) on each side. Serve with your soy or coconut yoghurt, frozen fruit and 2 tbsp of agave syrup.
Enjoy!!

Love,
BeautyBlends


6 comments:

  1. I made this today... It is like french toast meets banana pancake!! So yummy... I did add some vanilla , flax and maca.. Whipped it in the blender. So so yummy thank you for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it sweet!! Makes my day reading this! the extra flax and maca sound delicious! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I have a pancake recipe with very similar ingredients but haven't thought to try the banana milk mixture add French toast yet. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. That makes me so happy! This means the world to me! Thank you so much...

      Delete