Saturday, December 14, 2013

Puffed quinoa energy bites

In my last post I was telling you guys how I am always looking for snacks that can satisfy my sweettooth. So I wanted to post another recipe that I love very much and keeps my cravings at bay!
Puffed Quinoa Energy Bites
What you need
2 cups puffed quinoa
3/4 cup of old fashioned oats
3 tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup of buckwheat 
1/3 cup of agave syrup/raw honey
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil

Cacao coating
1/2 cup raw cacao 
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted

What to do
Mix your quinoa, old fashioned oats, chia, buckwheat, honey and coconut oil until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixed ingredients into a mould of your choice (I used a sillicone one - see picture). Place your mould into the freezer for 15 minutes until the mixture has hardened.

In the meantime mix the raw cacao with the (melted) coconut oil and stir until all the lumps are out and you have a smooth texture (it will likely take you a couple of minutes). 
Take out the quinoa bites and dip them into the cacao so the bottom of the bite is covered. Place all the bites on a plate and place in your fridge for 30 minutes.

ENJOY!

Love,
BeautyBlends

No comments:

Post a Comment