Saturday, December 14, 2013

Vegan puff pastry spirals with hazelnut paste and buckwheat

There are times that I am craving something sweet and find it difficult to think of a snack that can satisfy my sweettooth. I found the answer in these super cute vegan puff pastry spirals. I usually make a whole batch which I keep in the fridge.. they only last 4 days because the whole family loves them!






































Vegan puff pastry spirals with buckwheat and hazelnut paste 
What you need
1 box of frozen vegan puff pastry
3/4 cup of vegan hazelnut paste ( I didnt have time to make this myself so the one I used for this recipe is store bought)
1/2 cup of buckwheat
1/4 cup of coconut flour
1/4 cup of rice milk

What to do
Preheat your oven to 400F
Take 3 sheets of puff pastry out of your fridge and place on a plate until thaw. Spread out the coconut flour and cover the puff pastry sheets until no longer sticky. Smear one side with the hazelnut paste, take 3 tbsp of buckwheat and spread over the hazelnut paste. Roll the sheet and close the endings so the paste cant get out.
Repeat for the other two sheets.

Place in your fridge for 5 minutes (makes the cutting easier). Take the rolls out and cut into even sized spirals.
Place all the spirals on a baking sheet and cover with a bit of rice milk (so they get a golden brown color) once baked.
Place the baking sheet in your oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a parchment paper lined wire rack.

Enjoy!!

Love,
BeautyBlends


No comments:

Post a Comment