Sunday, December 15, 2013

Vegan scones with cacao nibs

I love scones, I mean really love them! I used to eat them with lots of whipped cream and strawberryjam. When I turned vegan, this was one of the things I missed most. So my boyfriend suggested to try to come up with a vegan alternative. After lots of batches that werent that good.. (I'm being nice to myself now! Haha!) I came up with this recipe. Supereasy and again, you only need 5 ingredients. 


















Vegan scones with cacao nibs
What you need
225g (7.9oz) self raising flour
25g (0.9oz) coconut sugar
150ml dairy free milk (rice, soy, almond etc)
80g (2.8oz) non dairy butter
50g (1.7oz) cacao nibs

What to do
Preheat your oven to 220c (430F) and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
In a medium bowl mix the self raising flour and add the non dairy butter until your mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Add the coconut sugar and the cacao nibs to the mixture. Pour the milk over the mixture (I used cashewmilk) and save a little for brushing the scones once finished. Mix well until you have a soft dough. Roll out on a lightly-floured surface (I use coconut flour because it smells so good) and cut into rounds. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the leftover milk. Place into your oven and bake for 12 minutes until they have a golden brown color.

ENJOY!!

Love,
BeautyBlends

No comments:

Post a Comment